- Bird Mobile from Design Sponge (shown above) - this is probably the cutest of all the bird mobiles I've seen. It requires some sewing know-how, but it would be super-easy to match it to your nursery's decor, and the bright colors are sure to keep Little Bit fascinated while he or she drifts off to slumber land.
- Tree Branch Mobile on Project Nursery - not exactly a mobile in the traditional sense, but I am in love with this idea of hanging a tree branch near the crib to hang various lookie-loos on throughout the year. It's so simple, and it brings a bit of nature into the room. LOVE!
- DIY High Contrast Baby Mobile - this Instructables tutorial shows how to McGuyver out of household items a mobile that is as sure to provide visual interest for your baby as it is to keep money in your pocket.
Pinwheel Mobile from Project Nursery - this mobile looks like a piece of cake to replicate with some scrapbook paper, some string and a few dowel rods, and the results are mesmerizing - especially if you're only a few months old.
- DIY Modern Mobile on Yes, Please - a fabulous modern art take on the mobile, this one is as pleasing for adults to look at is it is for the wee ones. The included instructions make assembly look like a breeze.
- DIY Ladybug Mobile on Spearmint Baby - this one looks like it requires a bit more of an investment in both time and supplies, but the end result is as cute as a ... well, a bug.
- Papercraft Bird Mobile from Paper and Stitch - yes, another bird mobile, but one that's as adorable as it is easy to craft.
- Cookie Cutter Mobile on This Abode - another mobile MacGuyvered out of household items, I love this idea for hanging cookie cutters of various shapes and sizes.
- DIY Baby Mobile on Blue Sage - as a chronic knitter, I love the incorporation of yarn in this mix of knitted fish and origami crane mobile. The ribbon-wrapped hoop is also a nice touch.
- DIY Origami Mobile on Cafe Mom - what DIY Mobile post would be complete without an origami mobile? This one goes beyond cranes to include butterflies and round floral shapes. Simple and gorgeous.